Today, I was singing (badly) at the top of my lungs to some of my favorite songs and it got me thinking about my top ten favorites of all time. So I made a list and I figured I would share that with y'all. These are the songs that I would choose if I had to listen to only ten songs for the rest of my life. These are the songs that always make me feel better and these are the songs that I am always in the mood to listen to. (All the links will take you to YouTube to a music video.)
In no particular order:
In no particular order:
- When a Man Loves a Woman - Michael Bolton. I have this one and the Percy Sledge version on my iTunes. While I listen to them both, Michael Bolton's is my favorite. To get my fix when I'm driving, sometimes I'll put it on repeat for the entire trip.
- Simple Man - Shinedown. I know there is the Lynyrd Skynrd version, but I love Shinedown's so much more. Usually when I listen to this song, the volume is up as loud as it will go and it plays about three times before I'll move on to the next song.
- (God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time on You - *NSYNC. I grew up listening to these boys and this is the main song that stuck around all these years later. I love, love, love this song.
- Lean on Me - Bill Withers. I mean, really. Who doesn't love this song?
- Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson. I feel bad for whoever is near me when this song comes on. I sing so terribly loud and I can't sing. At all. This is one of my top lifts-my-mood songs too.
- Let's Stay Together - Al Green. This is close second behind the Michael Bolton song in terms of old songs. I have to play this one at least twice before moving on.
- Back to One - Mark Wills. Close your eyes and listen to it. *happy sigh*
- I'll Follow You - Shinedown. Another Shinedown song made the list. This isn't a surprise because they are my favorite band. I turn the volume up and belt out all the words.
- I'll Be There - Jackson 5. I always liked this song, but in the 7th grade, I had a teacher who would play music similar to this every day before he started his lecture. Every time I heard it, I fell more and more in love with it and now it's on my top ten of all time!
- Lips of an Angel - Hinder. Thanks to my sister, this song has made the list. It makes me want to sing, sing loud, and it doesn't matter who hears me. This has been a favorite of mine since the first time I heard it.
There you go! Those are my top ten favorite songs of all time. Are any of these on your list too? What songs would make your list?